Comment on page
How to get MATIC
MATIC is the native token of Polygon. It is required when using Polygon to pay for gas fees when processing transactions.
- You have an account on a CEX (Binance, KuCoin, FTX, etc.) that supports Polygon.
- You want to buy MATIC with fiat.
Buy MATIC on a CEX (Centralized Exchange) such as Binance, Coinbase, KuCoin, etc. Please check on your chosen CEX if they support Polygon. CEXs differ in what chains they support and some do not support certain chains, or withdrawals, depending on the asset.
- 1.Buy MATIC on your preferred CEX.
- 1.You can buy crypto directly with a credit/debit card.
- 2.P2P or Bank Transfer.
- 1.If using P2P/Bank Transfer you will need to exchange your fiat currency for MATIC using the spot exchange. Some CEXs offer a simple convert option.
- 2.Withdraw MATIC to your ERC20 address and source chain.
This is the Binance UI. UI will differ between CEXs but the process is the same.
- 2.Click on the Mt. Perelin tile.
- 3.MetaMask will launch with a signature request. This is safe and it is used to verify you own the address.
- 4.Select either Bank Transfer or Card, the currency you want to exchange from/to the drop-down menu, Finally, click "Buy MATIC".
- 5.Follow the guides for either bank transfer or card. The cryptocurrency will then be sent to your wallet (The timing will differ but usually within the hour).
Input the currency you are swapping from and to
Input your phone number and get your verification code
Confirm the receiving address and input your card details or bank transfer to the details provided